LASU POST-UTME 2023: CUT OFF, ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Management of the Lagos state university (LASU) had reeled out the Advertisement for her sales of the screening application form for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The screening application form will be on sale for 25 days, starting as from 7th of August,till 31st of August,2023.
This was coming barely a week after the Institution commenced the sales of IIVE application E-form and its Physical oral Interview exercise at the University campus for Indigenes of Lagos state who are Applicants of the University.
Prospective applicants who are Indigenes of Lagos state are to note that it’s enshrined in the University culture and mandatory to undergo the IIVE before applying for the sales of the screening application form.
To know more about the IIVE application form, Registration procedures and cut off mark as well as the date for the Physical oral Interview exercise phases and the required documents, click on the link below to read it.
In accordance with the Advertisement signed by the University’s Registrar,Mr Fanu,The screening application form will be on sale for 25 days, starting as from 7th of August,till 31st of August,2023.
The University management further stated that in the Advertisement that,Only Applicants who obtained a minimum of 195 in the recent concluded Utme (2023) are eligible to apply,Those Applicants must have choosed the Institution as first choice.
In the same vein, Aspirants must have clocked 16yrs of Age,by 1st of October and the Direct Entry Aspirants can also apply provided they are to make do of LASU JUPEB,LASU DIPLOMA,NCE or Private JUPEB as their A’level result.
It’s pertinent to note that the Institution doesn’t accept ND and IJMB as A’level result anymore,this is to give room to the University’s product as the DE Admission slot is often limited.
The Advertisement further added that,the Newly accredited courses such as SLT,MLS, Linguistics, Building and the like are All available for Admission Jostling for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This is in line with the announcement made by the University’s Public relations,LASU CIPR,that the 20 newly accredited courses by the NUC will commence as from the 2023/2024 academic session.
Stating Further,The University’s Registrar advised Intending Aspirants to be meticulous in their entries as any error at the point of screening application will impede the Admission process immediately or aftermath.
In addendum, Aspirants are to note that Awaiting result is not accepted as the screening result will be encapsulated in the screening Report upon the Successful completion of the Screening application online. Therefore,Any O’level examination to be conducted after July is not acceptable.
The Full Advertisement reads;
2023/2024 ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE FOR 100 LEVEL (REGULAR AND REGULAR WITH ENTREPRENEURSHIP) AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
A. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular Students), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and Direct Entry. This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for entry into Lagos State University.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular students with Entrepreneurship), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level ONLY). This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for admission into the B.Eng/B.LIS/B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) WITH CERTIFICATES IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME of the Lagos State University.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT THEY CAN ONLY APPLY FOR EITHER A OR B ABOVE DURING THE ADMISSION SCREENING. THEREFORE, CANDIDATES MUST NOT SCREEN FOR BOTH A AND B
LASU POST-UTME 2023:ELIGIBILITY FOR SCREENING
i. Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 195 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2023.
ii. ALL Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2023/2024 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 195 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
iii. ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of Institution are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise (ONLY LASU DIPLOMA is acceptable for Direct Entry (DE) Admission EXCEPT NCE into Faculty of Education Programmes).
iv. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels, who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, will have their claims automatically validated in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
LASU POST-UTME 2023: LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular Students without Entrepreneurship Training)
Candidates should note that, ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
– Christian Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Islamic Studies
– Peace Studies
– Portuguese / English
– Theatre Arts
2. COMMUNICATION & MEDIA STUDIES
– Arabic Education
– Biology Education
– Business Education
– Chemistry Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Computer Science Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Economics Education
– Educational Management
– English Education
– French Education
– Geography Education
– Guidance & Counselling
– Health Education
– History Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Physics Education
– Political Science Education
– Special Education
– Technology & Vocational Education
– Yoruba Education
– Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Industrial Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
5. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Survey and Geo-Informatics
Urban and Regional Planning
– Common/Civil Law
– Common/Islamic Law
7. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
– Local Government Development & Administration
– Management Technology
– Public Administration
– Computer Science
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Science Laboratory Technology
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
10. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
– Medical Laboratory Science
– Medicine & Surgery
– Radiography & Radiation Science
11. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
12. SCHOOL OF LIBRARY, ARCHIVAL AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
Library & Information Science
13. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
– Transport Management & Operations
(B) LIST OF ACCREDITED
(Regular Students with Entrepreneurship Training)
Candidates should note that, ONLY the accredited courses listed above are available in the SPECIAL PROGRAMME for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can apply for ANY of the courses listed in A above except all courses in the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.
(C) DIRECT ENTRY
All Direct Entry Candidates are expected to immediately submit a copy each of the online Admission Screening Report and the notification of Diploma (LASU Diploma)/NCE Result at the Admission Annex/Liaison Office (Room 7, Administrative Block II).
LIST OF ENTREPRENEURIAL CERTIFICATE COURSES OFFERED.
In addition to the B.Eng/B.LIS/B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) Courses offered in item B above, Certificates will be awarded in the following Entrepreneurial Courses in the Regular Students with Entrepreneurship Programme.
1. Animal Husbandry (Snail Rearing)
2. Water Treatment and Packaging
3. Crop Production and Processing
4. Fish Farming
5. Draughtmanship and Building Drawing
6. Tailoring and Fashion Design
7. Digital Marketing
8. Cake Making
10. Finger Foods/Small Chops & Cocktail
11. Paint Making
12. Leather Making and Shoe Making
13. Writing and Publishing
14. Courier and Logistics Management
15. Domestic and Industrial Electrical Wiring
16. Furniture and Carpentry
17. Printing Services
18. Pet Business
19. Generator Repairs
20. Website Design
22. Bead Making
23. Event Planning
24. Welding, Metal Works & Fabrication
25. Make-up and Cosmetics
26. Hair Dressing/Hair Making and Barbing Salon
27. Interior Design & Decoration
28. Motor Vehicle Repairs
29. Soap, Detergent & Toiletries Production
30. Organic Soap Production
31. CCTV and Inverter Installation
32. Mobile Application Development
35. Hotel Management
36. Solar Energy System Installation
37. Yoghurt Production
LASU POST-UTME 2023: METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. 2023/2024 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE.
1. Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng.
2. Point to Student, then click on New Applicants.
3. Click on UTME/DE Screening (https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening)
4. Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOGIN
5. Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, your SURNAME and click on SUBMIT.
6. Click “Make Payment (Admission Screening)” button.
7. On the Payment Page
– Supply Jamb Registration Number
– Select “Admission Screening Fee” as Description
– Select “Ojo” as Campus
– Select “Student” As Category
8. After Successful Payment; return to your dashboard.
9. Click Start Admission Screening
10. At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Then, select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from the drop-down menu: “Type of Screening”
11. Supply your Transaction ID used for Payment.
12. Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that, all Screened Candidates must login into their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
13. Candidate(s) can repeat the above procedure if there is need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate(s) will be required to make payment for subsequent screening attempt(s).
B. ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2023/2024 Admission screening exercise, return to https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening)https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening)
Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform and supply your Transaction ID.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required.
Save and proceed
Carefully select choice of course
Scan and Upload UTME result slip [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY one (1) sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sittings of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one (1) other Science subject and any other subject.
- Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before they can proceed with the Online Screening.
- Note that any examination taken after July 2023 is not ACCEPTABLE.
Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
By ticking the “I Certify” button, the candidate confirms that, the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
Click the continue button
After submission and successful completion of the online screening, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING GRADING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to candidate’s choice of course.
The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2023 JAMB brochure available online at www.jamb.gov.ng or http://ibass.jamb.gov.ng/ebrochure.html
Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Point grading system is as follows:
O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A1 – 10
A2 (B2) – 9
A3 (B3)- 8
C4 – 7
C5 – 6
C6 – 5
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for Twenty-Five  days i.e., Mon., 7th – Thur., 31st August, 2023 by (12 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to email@example.com
The Pioneer of Admission hub,a quintessential Educationist centered on disseminating Genuine Information as regards Educational aspect.